Dordognne Region of France

APRIL 4, 2003

We are in the Dordognne region of France. I (Craig) am
typing this on a French Keyboard. The keys are all in
different locations, so there will be a lot ofmisspellings.
(I (Beth) ran it through spell check, but I still make no
guarantees.)

I have lots of fun ordering food in France, as my
French is worse than my American is. I keep ordering
strange food by mistake. Today I ordered sweetbreads
(aka organs), and pigs feet yesterday.  Two days ago it
was cow cheeks with lips intact, and goose and chicken
livers with virtually everything. Bon Appetite!
Everything is fine by us: We moved up the coast in
Portugal; Portugal is very nice; low prices, great food
etc. We moved back into Spain, and then into the south
of France; we are staying in the Horie Hotel for a
week;

The area is alive with castles; Old fighting castles
for me, and renascence castles for Beth; This is also
the place where many of the cave paintings re found
from Cro-Magnon man; and we saw some; We are following
the spring in Europe, moving north with the spring;
This means the blooming trees are always blooming;
Yellow, purple, and white are the dominant colors.
Limestone cliffs with castles on the high ground, and
lovely buildings built into the cliffs. This is also
where Beth's little red hardtop convertible is really
nice. With the top down, you really see the mountains,
cliffs, castles;